All across the country poor people receive even poorer healthcare when it is them that require it the most. Where public facilities are lacking untrained professionals and quacks flock to fill the gap. Here is one such disturbing incident from AMRIT Clinic field area.
When Manish had a high fever for two consecutive days, Bheru*, his father took him to the clinic. Manish’s temperature was checked and he was immediately administered an injection that proved to be life-changing. It turns out that the injection was wrongly given, and resulted in waist-down paralysis.
Link to the complete blog – Click here